View Single Post
Old 02-09-21, 12:09 AM   #187
Archive1
Commander

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

Meine Herren:
I have found the Nav Officer auto route through the Kiel Kanal, but the route that is laid out is cross country over land. I deleted all the waypoints and did my usual routing (having done this multiple times in the old SH3 (why cannot the 'sub commander' save his designated route through the Kanal for the next transit?)
However, at the end of the Kanal while entering the locks the gates close and sink my sub. C'mon. There would be personnel there to ensure the passage of a Kriegsmarine sub. On a second attempt, the gated entering remained open, but the farther gates closed and crushed my sub halfway through. And I had to start all over. Again, this is nonsense.
I'm a long time user of SH3 from the beginning. So I am not a newbie. I understand that this is a complex program with lots of code (I code and know), but there does need to be some realistic clean up done if the goal is to encourage people to use, be attracted to LHS3 and keep the idea alive. You cannot make the start too difficult or obscure for beginning users to become immersed.
Cordially, Archive1
Archive1 is offline   Reply With Quote