View Single Post
Old 12-09-14, 06:34 PM   #128
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

Playing on line I spotted a Target at around 800 metres in medium fog.

Not having time to continue the session I did a Manual Save.

Coming back on line for the next session and on loading the game the target sees me and changes course.

I exit the game to the menu and load the game again with the same result.

I exit the game again this time back to the desk top and go off line.

I load the game and the target does not see me this time so I go full rudder and the target disappears.

I do a manual save and then a Resume.

I take up a firing position but I have gone to far over the course line and have to use my stern tube.

I sink the target but the tonnage bar does not fill.

I exit the game to the menu and load the game again.

This time I get the chance to use my bow tubes.

I know 1 torpedo will sink it as it is a Rongel O S 2434 Tons but I fire 2 as I know both will hit, and you never know it might just make a difference.

The tonnage bar fills.

A while later I almost run into a AMC in medium fog again only 800 metres away so I go full astern and full rudder which brings me sharply round to be able to do a fast 90° shot.

I sink the AMC Patroclus 1,1204 tons with 1 torpedo and I immediately get a AIG completed patrol save and NWA mission shows 2 stars and full tonnage bar.

So the NWA need 50,000 tons to complete this.

It is only November 7th 1939 so I will have some free patrol time to fill in before my next patrol.

It just goes to show how unpredictable this tonnage bar problem is.

I thought I had beaten it so I was disappointed when it started playing up again.

I tried a few options and as you can see I won this round.

It will be interesting when the next patrol comes up as to what happens.

As I have got some free time now I will not have to bother about whether a tonnage bar fills up or not.

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote