View Single Post
Old 08-03-14, 11:11 AM   #243
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
The graphical mark of the wound on the body must not always necessarily represent the calculated impact point, so never judge that by the wound you see on the body.
I am fully aware of this and I don't see where I did say that I do judge the hit by the bullet wound.
I judge it by what I shoot at and that is, in the very most cases, the chamber from a good angle and distance on a stationary target.
I play tH since 2010.

I am referring to an obvious bug that reigned a while ago for many people that caused funny outcomes in the score screen, like intestines when it was a headshot (extreme example, but did happen for some people).

Quote:
I had no shots with the 6.5x55 since the change.
Damn, was hoping for details on this one. After buying it a while ago, it rose to one of my absolute favorites in the game.

Quote:
The damage model is being criticised as well due to the way the 3D model maybe has the inner organs slightly misplaced, or too big/too small. This could lead to the phenomenon that you complained about. Ballistics have nothing to do with that. I occassionally wonder about the result of a shot, but it is not the rule, and as long as I get the kill, I do not care too much.
Yeah I'm aware about the crappy inner organ mapping and wait for a fix (I consider it broken tbh) since... ever.
Since it is a bug, I would not be too hasty and exclude the game's ballistics from the source of possible problems, that is why I asked for some post-patch experience.
Might be too early anyways, just been a few days.

Hunting fever will strike again sooner or later anyways, nothing to prevent that.
So I will see for myself.
Thanks though!

Just as a side note, you mentioned you don't care, as long as it ends in a kill.
I do, for various reasons. Firstly, I just want more sim/realism aspects than gamey stuff, so an accurate ballistics and hit detection system is one of the most important things for me to enjoy this game.
Then, I do participate in custom competitions every once in a while, with custom rules, where you can win em§ or even memberships and I would just lose it if I would place a perfect shot on a possible winning animal, only to find it to be "intestines" in the end, ruining the harvest value because the wounded time was too high...

It happened to others participating in a competition I hosted a while ago.