View Single Post
Old 08-26-05, 06:01 PM   #5
Hellcat
Ensign

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0

I don't mean to hijack the thread but I'd just like to add my comments considering "Kilo Class" Well I just finished it yesterday and it did'nt quite end the way I had envisioned....
SPOILERS
  • Why even brother with the subplot of Taiwan developing nuclear weapons at all when 93% of the novel concerns the destruction of the kilo's?

Why does everything work out perfectly for the good guys? Not a single thing went wrong of any magnitude other than the blind fire on the russian convoy. Which in itself is just a silly situation to begin with. (The way the US reasons that the Typhoon is not there is complete BS)

Why does every submarine commander on the "good" side have a wife at home crying about the guys absence (see DiMercurio's and others)

Does this guy love SEALs or something, their described as sorta like super-above all of us group. ie when their hauling the charges for the destruction of the subs in the channel. (I know their good but come on!)
Now on the other hand we have DiMercurio's hero who just goes out saves the world as we know it, loses a multi-million $ piece of equipment and loses most of his crew each time. That's cool though because he has to come back in the next novel.... I really should'nt be so severe they are good books to sit back and read if you really dont mind the holes. (sorta like watching Commando, or Rambo)

Hellcat is offline   Reply With Quote