View Single Post
Old 09-14-22, 12:24 PM   #1191
StealthRabbit
Silent Captain

Downloads: 288
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Yes, does sound like we operate in a similar manner. When I am playing a actual career as opposed to testing, I play quite seriously (maybe too serious sometimes ..according to my girlfriend and a ex lmao) but that is what keeps this sim on my drive pushing 20 years after its release, with the proper mod set up and mindset of player, can be quite immersive.

My favorite career of all time in SH 4 was my final test run through of TMO Update V1.0. I started out with USS Drum in new construction in early 42, then kept the boat the entire war, just changed the Captains at proper times to match history. The patrols all matched Drum's historical patrol areas (I plan to release a exclusive USS Drum career one day) for most part. I learned a lot about how SH 4 works through that career.

I was quite invested as it took several months to play the patrols and remember a couple times in 43 and 45 when I nearly lost the boat due to intense depth charge attacks, it was quite a emotional rollercoaster lmao. I made to the end though, only time have survived the entire war in a Gato class in TMO. I actually did a patrol report for each one, posted them in the patrol logs thread.

<snip>

Well, I never served. Grew up in a Navy family and Navy city, I aspired to be a aviator after college, but knee injuries took military service off the table. At the time, it was one of the great disappointments in my life, but it all worked out in the end.
Silly me. Some how I got it in my head that you where in the NAVY. I tend to have a hard time keeping people straight when I can not associate a face to them like on these message boards. For me the profile pics and avatars just don't cut it.

Sometimes I'll get into a mission so much that when I get a torpedo hit (and detonation) when I really need it I will let out a “YES!” loud enough to surprise myself, which will cause my wife to smile and shake her head a little. Immersion is cool.

After reading threw some of the readme again I liked the sound of some of the special ops missions so I decided to start another career based down in Fremantle with SPYRON. I started in JUNE 1943 with a Gato. I got the U.S.S. Sunfish ss-281. My first 2 war patrols where regular “Sink 'em all” missions, and it appears the third war patrol will be the same as it has told me to head to the Fermosa area and I will then get my orders.

My question is about how often will I get special type missions rather then the standard “Sink 'em all” type? Is there a start date and sub class combo when starting my SPYRON career that has a higher likelihood of getting special ops missions? Or is it all just random?

And also...

Back with TMO Classic I really enjoyed Life Guard patrols/missions. Is there a start date, base, and sub class combo that has a higher likelihood of getting Life Guard missions when they are going to happen?

I was thinking a good name for your TMO would be...

TMO BH -Racing Amphibious Hover-Trucks and Cheering Angels Edition-

Just an idea...

Thanks again.
-StealthRabbit