View Single Post
Old 10-13-21, 06:10 PM   #257
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

29 May 1942

East China Sea
USS Tautog torpedoed and sank a light cargo ship.

SouthPAC
Noumea is in for a rough ride. Apparently, my opponent is confident he can finish off the Enterprise without the KB, which launched another strike. Our airbase there is pretty worn down so we only got 5 fighters up today; 1 was shot down, and we only got 2 Zeroes. The bombers all got through:

xAK Mormacsul, Bomb hits 1, on fire
xAP Koolama, Bomb hits 2, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAK Iron Prince, Bomb hits 1, heavy fires
AE Mauna Loa, Bomb hits 2, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAK Alabaman, Bomb hits 1, on fire
AS Pelias, Bomb hits 1, on fire
APD Gregory, Bomb hits 2, heavy fires, heavy damage
AMC Westralia, Bomb hits 1, on fire
xAP Lycaon, Bomb hits 1, heavy fires
AP William Ward Burrows, Bomb hits 1, on fire
xAK Admiral Wood, Bomb hits 1, on fire
xAKL Vichy, Bomb hits 2, heavy fires, heavy damage
AP Tasker H. Bliss, Bomb hits 1

Thailand
The enemy fighters got to our bombers again and shot down 2 Blenheims.

Timor and N. Australia
The Hornet finally launched a strike, but it only sent VS-8 (half of which were on search duty) while VB-8 sat on the deck ready to go. Thanks to Koepang already having been captured, there were 18 Zeroes waiting for us, more than enough to handle 13 Wildcats and 9 Helldivers. All 9 bombers were shot down. Our fighters at least managed to get 3 of the Zeroes. So in the end, this entire op got us nothing except the Enterprise torpedoed.

A Hudson bomber on ASW patrol at Darwin reported scoring a hit on a Type A1 sub. A B-26 claimed to hit another one. I asked my opponent about this, and he confirmed that the I-20 was one of the subs that was hit, and there was much rejoicing among the crew of the Big E.

Malaya
Wirraways hit a convoy near Kuantan and put 3 bombs into a cargo ship, likely a kill.

China
Japan attacked my armies in Kaifeng again and was again beaten back with heavy casualties. I can't hold on forever, but this is nice while it lasts.