View Single Post
Old 01-16-19, 12:49 PM   #70
Front Runner
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 215
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Yeah, new career, since the Save data has the old stuff. My laptop's hard drive is gone... nothing, except the heads hitting the stop (or the platter). It's not even recognized in the BIOS - er UEFI, or whatever...
OK. I have replaced the scene.dat in FOTRSUv80 with the "Pristine" copy of scene.dat and started a New Career out of Pearl Harbor, Jan 1, 1944. It failed the Q/S/L/R test. I don't think that scene.dat is the source of this issue.

After finishing my series of tests for Propbeanie, starting many, many, careers out of Pearl Harbor, I decided to test careers out of Fremantle, Midway and Brisbane starting Jan. 1, 1944. All of those Career Starts worked just fine!

So, here is where we are right now in FOTRSUv80.
Any boat, out of Pearl Harbor, Campaign Career starting Mid 1943 ALL work fine.
Any boat, out of Pearl Harbor, Campaign Career starting Jan 1, 1944 Do NOT work.
Propbeanie's testing strategy (modified start files) revealed that Campaign Careers starting;
August 31, 1943= NO, does not work.
Oct 1, 1943 = YES, it works.
Nov 5, 1943 = YES, it works.
Dec. 1, 1943 = NO, does not work.
Dec. 15, 1943 = YES, it works.
Dec. 24, 1943 = NO, does not work.

Further, My continued testing reveals that Campaign Careers Starting Jan. 1, 1944 out of Fremantle, Midway or Brisbane ALL work just fine.

The issue seems to affect only Campaign Careers out of Pearl Harbor, starting Jan. 1, 1944, and later, in "stock" FOTRSUv80.

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Dave "LeoVampire".
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote