View Single Post
Old 08-29-07, 10:34 AM   #10
CB..
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

your UK amazon account log in and details are accepted by Amazon.de

so you can do as i did and log in there and buy the game in the normal manner..(just remember which buttons to click as the text is in german...)

further stuff on the game...

one good...

i managed to sure the crashes on some of the missions...

even tho it states it is compatible with XP it still needed to be run in windows 2000 compatibility mode... this cures all the crashes for me so far..all missions and campaigns load ok

one bad

the sea animation gets to be very very hard on the eyes after a short while playing..as partly due to the low frame rates..and partly due to the animation itself..it tends to be pretty mechanical and jerky...

and another good....

i have been experimenting with the sea animation possibilites and have allready discovered one method of gaining a good deal of control over it...

in the root folder is a text file named WEATHER.txt
open up with notepad
and you can edit the sea state for each weather condition by adding these entrys to each section like thus

mgsun
{
fogenable = 0
texture = VolumeSky1.dds
DayLightTexture = sky\Tagesverlauf.bmp
WaterHScale = 0.1
WaterTScale = 0.2
WaterSScale = 3.2
}

///////////

it's the

WaterHScale = 0.1
WaterTScale = 0.2
WaterSScale = 3.2

entrys i've added that control the animation
as far as i can be sure at short notice the

waterH is the height of the waves
and t and s the X and Y scale of the waves..

the entrys ive shown give pretty much dead calm conditions
but these can be increase (especaily the waterH as this is probably the most important one to change)

good thing bowt this is of curse it allows you to completely customise the sea conditions for every possible weather type in the game....so giving very dynamic and changable sea conditions as well as weather..

sadly tho this doesn't seem to improve the frame rates any...
but i'm betting using these entrys in each section

fogenable = 1
fogend = 10000

should bring the horizon in a bit and could be used to improve the frames..and so on..

and that AI behaviuor???

YUP it's all written out in another text file so that can edited virtualy for every individual ship sub in the game LOL

but so far it's the frame rate issue that's the main drawback ..if i can get round that i can start to enjoy the game and see what can be done with it..i get the feeling that the game doesn't take any notice at all of the graphical options settings you give it via the options screen or at least it seems to make no difference ..or it resets itself or something...summats not right there i'm sure...how can i be still getting full screen max anti-alaising with it disabled not only on the optuions screen but in the graphics cards settings it self...yet one look at the subs rigging wires shows that anti-alaising is still ON..and at max strength too..by the looks of it...and so on...summat wrong there...

UPDATE--
yes i think that's half the problem with the bad frame rates....the game simply ignores or at the least doesn't remember your graphic options choices....even whilst still in game ..so setting the options has no effect..
or something along those lines....i turn og anti alaising and the other FPS killer effects exit the screen load a mission and ...anti alaising and the effects are still switched on...can't find a CONFIG file anywhere for the game other wise i could set the options by hand in that file then set it to read only...it doesn't even remember the gamma and contrast settings or even the realism settings either....officaily a pain in the butt.....if any ne has any clues i'm all ears

http://www.ebort2.co.uk/

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B.Yeats

Last edited by CB..; 08-29-07 at 03:56 PM.
CB.. is offline   Reply With Quote