View Single Post
Old 05-19-19, 01:46 PM   #12223
Tonci87
Captain

Downloads: 116
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
Is it true that the AI of the destroyers if very dificult and that it is not possible to escape?
No

The convoy Iīm currently hunting is well defended and I got hunted by a few lend lease destroyers and a few Black Swan sloops. My first encounter with these ships, and the new Depth Charge projectors they have installed.

First they didnīt know where I was, since I fired electrical torpedoes, but it didnīt take them long to find me. I didnīt dive immediately after shooting, so that was my fault. And well, if you can only move at a speed of 1kn if you want to be as silent as possible, their area that they have to search is not terribly large.

I got subjected to a brutal depth charge attack from five destroyers and sloops total, that lasted for a few hours.
I managed to evade by sprinting every time they seem to drop DCs directly on me.

My sub got pretty damaged, and at one point I had flooding in the torpedo room and my sub was dropping down to 200m Managed to keep going at flank speed and with occasional emergency blows for long enough to fix the holes and to pump the water out.

After a few hours, and countless DCs dropped everywhere around me I somehow managed to get away by going very silent and very deep.

My boat will need repairs, but we are still alive.

So yeah, it is possible to escape, but I might not have gotten myself into this situation in the first place if I went deep immediately after shooting my torpedoes.
Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote