View Single Post
Old 07-01-13, 04:32 PM   #9
gergorian
Nub

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

Hello von Kinderei.
I realize it's been a couple of years since your post but I believe I found the answer after Googling with the same problem as you. I thought I would post what worked for me in case anyone else is experiencing the sound issue.

First off, to my knowledge and experience there are no sound effects or radio chatter in the tutorial. Only the voice of the instructor. But if this occurs during the single missions or campaign then there is a problem. This was my problem.

I own both the SCS version which is patched and the Jane's version which is not patched at all. I am running on Vista and do have nglide installed although I found it wasn't needed and only installed it in hopes it might fix the audio problem.

The patched SCS version has the audio problem in both the single player missions and the campaign. It also has the problem in the tutorial with the instructors voice which for me, makes the tutorial worthless.

The Jane's version I own is the 1.0 version. I have absolutely no audio problems with this version. The problem only starts if I patch it to the latest patch. Weird because the patch is supposed to address a sound/audio problem that some users were experiencing. But the effect was just the opposite.

So, if I were having this problem and really wanted to play this game, I would suggest finding an unpatched version. Did the trick for me and now I am playing Fleet Command with no bugs at all.
gergorian is offline   Reply With Quote