Thread: [REL] Dark Waters
View Single Post
Old 01-27-21, 12:12 AM   #828
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re 08/43 IX-D2 career start @ Lorient...

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Quite the adventure on my first try, which I just got to do, due to time constraints, but the handling of the boat was impossible to tell:

I don't know if you see the exhaust flying out of the ports, but I'm at Ahead Flank there, not moving... We are in the first sub pen, first stall (A??)...

Another angle:

... and a third:

So, the IXD2 spawns into the Lorient sub pen in this instance, merged into the back wall of the dock... We'll definitely have to move that spawn-in location... sigh. When we get finished with FotRSU, we'll attempt to send some edits off to Fifi for an update or patch file... In the meantime, I am gong to assume that you did not spawn into that particular location?
Ahoy...

I attempted a start in the IX-D2, @ Lorient... inside the pen... & ended up with the same end result... tried to leave & sank the boat... it weren't budging... it tore itself apart.

On the plus side... starting out to sea, allows for the career to start off... without damages to the uboat.

But.. be warned, I got jumped thrice, by aircraft... 2 Sunderlands (if I recall it right, these were known of as... short sunderlands... in SHO I believe it was... or was that SH3... any who...) & a wellington bomber.... 1 Sunderland, right after I spawned... avoided that 1, & managed to NOT take any damage....

cleared that hurdle... just before sunset, got jumped by the Wellington... took a bit of slap & tickle.. managed to get the wee bit o' damages patched up w/o further incident....

That 2nd Sunderland... welp.. it did Me in..... took major damages, despite diving as deep as I was able to & NOT ram the bottom... depth was only like... 75-78 meters.... stopped short of scraping the bottom clean of any barnacles... took a hard turn to port, to fool the plane into dropping whatever it was they dropped/fired... but took a hit between diesels & electric motors section with 1 of what they drop/fired... an the other hit around the control room area... ended up with 5 dead... an grounded out on the bottom... awaiting to see if the damage repair can get Me fixed up, so as to make a run back to base... shessh... getting out there is a nightmare...

End report...

M. M.

p.s John,

Hanz the guy who poured that concrete needs to be shipped out to zee Ost front... post haste... else that, or a firing squad... or keel hauled...

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 01-27-21 at 06:57 AM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote