View Single Post
Old 10-11-19, 11:25 AM   #12571
Nobon
Helmsman

Location: 1939-09-13. U-50 ran into a 10+ ship british convoy- I'm planning the approach
Downloads: 74
Uploads: 2
wolf_howl15 HMM!

Herr Kaleuns, thank you both of you.

Herr Vdr, that IS an answer, thank you. Then the main suspect is the traffic.

Also, as you mention it, I can only suspect that I used to tweak SHIII... for hardware optimization... I checked all cfg files I can find in SH5 game data, AND in SH5 in documents, but nothing engine related apart from the visual settings you can modify ingame.

Something IS fishy though, as I tried the following:

(reloaded my Kiel port save, as that is the 8 fps one- I just found a 10+ ship convoy yesterday, and my FPS is like 40 there.)

-tried running in win 7 compatibility.
-capped frames to 40 in inspector. Also tried max rendered frames set to 3, (more input lag, but more fps) for no effect.
-tried not just setting the shadows to nil, but setting every slider to zero, and switching off EVERY tickbox.

I gained 2 fps. 2. (10-11 now in Kiel in tc1) so it seems that my card can superbly handle even the max shadows --> as they make no difference. Do not take it wrong, I tried every change and seen ALL the differences in visuals, so they WERE applied alright, (getting more blank and sh*tty) just the fps gain was 1-2...

Why Im harping on this is simple:

-I have 8-9 fps in Kiel, but: my notoriously overheating CPU and GPU remains cool. So the game DOES NOT use the all resources it should. WHile in games when my fps drops below 30 is because the hardware can't handle more, hence heavy heating starts because of the heavy usage...

Also: -SH5 NEVER uses more than 2 gig of ram listed in the processes. Weird. In the middle of Kiel it is 1800 something mb.

Fitzcarraldo sir:

Thanks!
-Where can I find the 4 gig patch? Though it might makes things worse XD
As I read SH5 already uses what it can.

-What is LAA?

There is an antilag injection for SH5, reported broken in win10, (though I use win 8 pro) but I use inspector for max fps cap., and as for the other feature of this "antilag" : reducing input lag usually produces LESS FPS, though more responsive controls, so I wasn't thinking about that. FPS is everything. XD

About modding: I think I found my old explanation how I implemented the arrow key controls for the periscope, so I can make a 2.2.16 version.
There was a short time when it was considered for including as an option in TWOS 1.07.

On the other hand... Hell, applying the officer / crew appearance modifications in those lot of files again is going to be annoying XD

One question: as per current TWOS, where can I switch off the increased rendering distance Open Horizon mod, or what file needs to be modified?

edit:

Hell, it seems I forgot to activate my no loud footsteps etc. mod during hydrophone listening... It might as well still work.

Edit 2: nope, as I check the forum here it did -not- worked ever. So dropping no loud crew sounds during hydrophone idea now.

Good news: apart from I am going to make a 2.2.16 version (modifying the 2.2.16 commands file) of the arrow keys mod, for now I checked my activated mods:

2 of them only contains texture files-

and the weird stuff is: I compared the files from my custom crew mod (Crew_Idle_actions files) with notepad++ compare plugin-
and made my changes to the files from 2.2.16 core.
BUT: the only differences AT ALL was alot of beards activated in 2.2.16 (was already there, jsut someone removed the comment out symbols) and I added an extra hat in mine...
I deactivated the beards XD and added that line with the extra hat.

Bad news, as I suspected these 2.2.16 files are going to be different from the 1.05 stock ones MORE than just some activated beards.
As I suspected ealier that the officer dialogs stopped progressing because of this mod. (my other two mods as I mentioned only contain texture files)
So the only difference my currently activated own mods have compared to 2.2.16 (apart from some texture files) that some lines adding beards and hats were different in my mods files and in 2.2.16 files.

On the first patrol in the baltic mission in 2.2.16 I was able to progress in the personal conversations, more options opened up with each officers, while now they seems to be stuck on their first "personal" conversation lines.

Do you experienced something similar?
Any idea what can be the cause?

87% realism (100%-Cams to watch burning targets, and torpedoes run for fun..)
SH5 The Wolves of Steel Megamod- Realnav+Full manual targeting. -no contact updates, no map help.
U-50 forever - still a Smiling bastard

Last edited by Nobon; 10-11-19 at 12:34 PM.
Nobon is offline   Reply With Quote