View Single Post
Old 10-05-09, 10:24 PM   #89
Bleser
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I must add that it greatly helps the I am an extreme WWII tank fan and the best tank "sim" I've played before TvT is Battlefield 1942. And lets get this straight: Battlefield 1942 IS NOT a sim, in any way. BUT, it looked decent and was fun.

After that game I got hooked on Blitzkrieg and Blitzkrieg 2 (and have played/modded Blitzkrieg 1 to death), but those are not actual sims, so they aren't really comparable, either.

Finally you have TvT, the most modern graphics WWII (non-overhaul of some other game) simulator that I have played, and it is everything that I was expecting and more. I knew it was dead-end when I bought it but what I got surprised me and I'm loving it!

BUT - I must add - Steel Fury 1942 is on its way in the mail right now. Everyone has said it is the better title so I'm going to give it a go - and at $8.50 @ Frys.com, I couldn't pass it up. I have a feeling I'm going to love it too, but it's different in that You have T-34/76 vs. Panzer IV F. It'll have its own place in my collection, but the feeling of driving a 1944 Tiger I and T-34/85 I think will remain with TvT for quite some time!
Bleser is offline   Reply With Quote