View Single Post
Old 04-27-06, 01:22 AM   #5
rconstruct
Seaman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Hi
Regarding the forums, the forums admin is away until the end of this week (work...), that's why you haven't received any confirmation yet. Regarding the OSX version, Andy Rice, one of the developers, did the fixes, and a package i think, but that was for dangerdeep 0.1, iirc. Still, the code should be compilable under OSX. It builds with gcc 3.3.x, 3.4.x, 4.0x, 4.1, so i don't see why it should fail. The Sconstruct script has OSX entries, and should work just fine. What errors did you had when compiling it? Alternatively, you might want to wait until the end of this week for the confirmation mail, and post these questions there.
Regarding the missing GL library, you should check if you have a libGL.so file, and if you do, check the SConstruct file, to see if it's searching in the correct location (if it isn't, edit it, to point to the correct location).
Dependencies are: libSDL, SDL_image, SDL_net, SDL_ttf, SDL_mixer, SDL_sound, SDL_ttf, FFTW3 (and GLUT i think, and OpenGL ) and Scons obviously (www.scons.org, www.fftw.org, www.libsdl.org)
(FreeGLUT also should work, opensource GLUT replacement, since GLUT seems pretty much dead)

P.S.: if possible, wait until kikaha (the forums admin) returns, for the confirmation, and post there the questions, you could paste the exect error logs, that would help, and eventually even build a OSX package, that we could include in this release, and perhaps even for the next one, since we don't have an OSX box around)

P.P.S.: just 1 thing, can you try to compile with the following line:
scons debug=-1 usex86sse=-1
and see if it works?
rconstruct is offline   Reply With Quote