View Single Post
Old 04-10-07, 03:56 PM   #5
yllekm
Mate

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0

A few additonal notes:

I should have mentioned/emphasized that the main reason you should get rid of previous versions of the manual and start using this new one is that the old data was taken from the in-game manual, which Krupp and others have demonstrated is wrong (like I said above, get his fix for this). I unfortunately didn't know this at the time I released the original manual.

I have also discovered a small, cosmetic bug in the merchant flags. I intended to resize these but forgot to do it - not a biggie but it will be fixed in the next version.

About the next version - I have started work on the American ships and will release a combined Japan/American manual next. As usual, no guarantee on when it will be done - that real life thing is ever present in my world. The other ships will follow, provided I can get reliable data. I would dearly like to get my hands on the printed recognition manual (or a scan thereof) from the Euro (UK?) Deluxe or limited Collector's versions, provided it has the other ships - I only have the Canadian version, which has nothing, not even the recogntion posters (Ubisoft, take note)!

I am now quite happy with the form and content of the manual but always welcome your suggestions for improvements or any word on bugs/errors.

I am hoping for a good tool (i.e. 3d model viewer) to be released so that I can generate my own silhouettes, creating additional viewing angles (the ones in the Ubisoft silhouettes currently used are 0, 45 and 90 degrees - I think at least one other, say 22.5 degrees would be very useful) and I would also like to add new kit-bashed or original ship models as the community develops them. I know there is a 3d viewer in development so am hopeful this will be a reality soon.

Last edited by yllekm; 04-12-07 at 01:14 AM.
yllekm is offline   Reply With Quote