View Single Post
Old 04-22-20, 05:46 PM   #437
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotski00 View Post
I have downloaded WDAD and have tried to install it using JSGME however, even though it installs the files , I cannot access ANY of the content at all, I am obviously doing something wrong.

I have SH4 gold installed ( UPlay ) so I have the correct 1.5 version of the sim, I have made a duplicate copy of the game with no mods or anything except JSGME installed into it, like this :-

WDAD_V100
WDAD_V100_Patch1
WDAD_V100_Patch k
WDAD AI Italian sub Adua V1.1
WDAD Missions 1940
WDAD - HMS Triton refit 1.1

I have deleted, re installed, drunk tea, eaten cucumber sandwiches, all to no avail.......I do not understand why this fails to work or show up ( I assume it gives you and option to jolly well sail for the Royal Navy !! ) I have looked at the posts and it appears either I am being exceedingly dense, or havent had enough Tea.....So if some kind soul could possibly point me at the solution I would be awfully chuffed chaps.

You can't just make a copy of SH4. You need to use MultiSH4 to create a different save game directory (at the very least), but creating an entire clean copy of SH4 for WDAD is preferred since you'll need to backup Filemanager.dll and run MultiSH4 every time you want to do a different campaign if you only use MultiSH4 to create a new save game directory. You also need to run Large Address Aware on SH4.exe.
3catcircus is online   Reply With Quote