View Single Post
Old 12-02-19, 08:05 AM   #472
Kallale
Swabbie

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0
Default Long sessions result in this, followed often by a crash when I try to save.

Edit: So I found a copy of the DVD SH5.EXE. It must have fallen off the back of a truck. Here's what I notice. In file properties all three SH5.EXE files I have show the same version. All three files are not the same. Not the same checksum, not the same size. My old SH5.exe is from Jun 2018, well before the problems cropped up but it is not the same file as the dvd version of the SH5.exe. I'm gonna try the DVD version out and see what happens.

Has anyone see this before? Hours long sessions result in the corruption shown in the image, almost always followed by a crash when I try to save after the corruption starts happening. My initial SH5 install is from a a backup I had the foresight to make. It's completely clean (never run) copy downloaded from UBISoft with the 1.2.0.0 sh5.exe. I extract it to a directory, then "locate install" from UPlay. Then I run it once to initialize it and decline the update, entering into offline mode.

Would it be a better practice if I just downloaded the game again from ubisoft and then replaced sh5.exe with my 1.2.0.0 version?

I'm approaching my first patrol area and I fear I will not be able to actually complete a patrol in one session. This doesn't happen if I restart the game periodically.

Maybe I should try turning GSYNC off and disable my second screen when playing? My system runs it at over 100 fps unless im in Kiel.

Last edited by Kallale; 12-02-19 at 11:07 AM.
Kallale is offline   Reply With Quote