View Single Post
Old 11-07-19, 08:37 AM   #5
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post

EDIT: Also my advice for all SH5 player is to disable automatic game updates and always use uplay in offline mod because you never know when those charlatans from ubi will decide to screw up your game...
Going by what I am seeing with my UPlay SH4 on the Windows 10 laptop, I cannot permanently turn off the "Searching for updates..." from Ubisoft / UPlay, which is very similar to what Steam does each time it starts (perhaps disconnecting the internet while starting??). I also am no longer able to copy my original SH5 install and move it to another folder for a TWoS activation. It will always attempt to update the original install. Maybe the TWoS installer follows the Windows Registry (Hive)?? I can turn the "Online" mode off, but then the next time I start the game, UPlay has re-enabled the "Online" mode and searches for updates and attemtps to "sync" the Saves... Sort of like Windows 10, I can control certain aspects, but the program will put them right back the way it wants things set-up. I am expecting a "change" each time I start the games in Windows 10 now, both my UPlay SH4 and my Steam SH5 & SH3, all three of which I have modded, but everything is fine for now. I have no similar issues on any of the Win7 computers, with disk installs of SH4 and Steam installs of SH3 and SH5, all of which are modded...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote