View Single Post
Old 10-15-19, 12:26 AM   #1609
Randomizer
Watch Officer

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0

Well I tried to figure out why no aircraft in 1944 and somehow borked my NYGM installation. Self inflicted PEBCAK* but it did force me back to basics. Removed NYGM entirely and checked the stock installation - no problems.

Did a complete NYGM install from scratch and once everything was restored started a July 1944 career with the 7th Flotilla in St. Nazaire and for my sins they had my boat leave in broad daylight. Less than two-hours out every B-24 Liberator in coastal command showed up and after shooting down three, was sunk attempting to race back to base.

So I said to myself, "Self", and knew it was me since the Cat was still asleep on my lap, "Self, this is now working as intended so let's try again in Norway".

Started a new Type VII/C41 career July 1944 with 11th Flotilla and depart Bergen and lo and behold, the skies remained void of aircraft for 48-game hours while crossing the Norwegian Sea and entering NORLANT. Same deal as before...

Will treat this as the new normal and move on. Thanks anyway.

-C

*PEBCAK = Problem Encountered Between Chair And Keyboard for those who might be unaware.
Randomizer is offline   Reply With Quote