View Single Post
Old 05-12-09, 03:19 PM   #3
BillyBubble
Watch

Downloads: 331
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
Hmmm. I hadn't noticed that myself. I know the campaign used to pause when you selected a TF, but you could restart it and leave the TF selected by clicking that check-mark button in the TF's orders buttons.
Well, I must admit it is indeed not a update issue, it was an oversight by me, sorry. This functionality seems the same in DG and in Jutland from v1.02x on

However, I'd really like to have this forced pause thingy removed anyways (or better: user selectable), as it distracts form a fluent game experience in my eyes and, most importantly, also because it doesnt seem to have a consisent logic behind its scheme. For example: If a single Taskforce is enroute, hovering the mouse above it has no influence. But if you hover above a stack of TFs the game is auto paused. Why ? And further, after the game ist paused this way und you select TF organization f.e (i.e. menu flyout opens, info rollout closes) the game resumes again and time is progressing even when reorg'ing the TF formations... so the essential question here is, why pausing on info, but resuming on inter/action ?

So generally I'd suggest a optional pause (even for selected TFs as these always pause the game) that is consistent ("yes / no") for
  • a) hovering (info rollout) and
  • b) selection

Quote:
We'll consider it. I suggest you send this in to the bug server, but change the message type to SUGGESTION instead of ERROR. That way, it'll be sure to get on the list of things for us to think about.

If you don't know about the bug server, you'll find a link to it in the Start\All Programs\Storm Eagle Studios\Jutland folder.
Ok thanks, will check out the bug server and try to suggest, but if I may, I have much more confidence in your "direct wire" to Norm to have a word with him in this and maybe get an option for that in one of the future updates ?

Quote:
You can resize the game window by dragging the sides and corners. Note, however, that the aspect ratio isn't fixed when you do this, so you can end up with some distortion if you're not careful. I do my resizing at the main menu and make sure the circular compass thingy in the middle stays circular. The game will remember the window's size next time you run it, so you only have to do this once.
Ah this is a very good hint, too bad I did not notice for myself lol
Resized window makes provides really an option to switch tasks while on patrol now

Thanks !
-BB
BillyBubble is offline   Reply With Quote