View Single Post
Old 08-29-19, 04:25 PM   #5
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caimanca View Post
Sorry for lack of info "propbeanie", I am running with up to date steam version, snapmod installed under JSGME. I know, I know, really a cheat mode but it helps me learning skills as I get get on with the sim without getting sunk over and over.
Installed under Program Files(x86) - Steam. Save games in the usual place under User/Documents/SH4/
welcome to Subsim, Caiman-ca.
bad things occur when users install under a Windows System Folder such as Program Files(x86).
you are going to want to de-install and reinstall into a non-windows-system-folder.
for example, my installation is C:\Ubisoft\whateverelseyouwishtonameyourfolder\

after you re-install, if you encounter the same situation where you are credited for some ships and not others it may be due to one or more of the following reasons:
  • you only damaged the ship and it survived.
  • you did not stay in the immediate vicinity of the damaged ship in order to verify its sinking.
  • there is one more reason and i cannot recall it. my apologies.
a best practice to follow when you have damaged an enemy ship, any enemy ship, is to determine how badly it is damaged. is it still underway? how fast is it moving? is it actually sinking? if it is moving away from the area at 10 kts, you have more work to do. if you can observe it through the scope and see its stern or bow slowly dipping below the surface, stick around for a few minutes.
you will receive a "message" of a ship-kill that you damaged when it is officially deemed to be sunk IF you are in the immediate vicinity.
what does immediate vicinity mean? hard to say because Ubisoft has a fair amount of "fog" in trying to understand why some things happen. in my experience, if one of my crew can detect the damaged ship sinking, then we get credit. sonar. radar. visual. i can only relate what i have experienced.

so, move your install and get back to sinking ships!
good luck and good hunting!

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote