Thread: [REL] Dark Waters
View Single Post
Old 05-28-20, 05:17 PM   #458
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH4K View Post
I am using Version 6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
As has been pointed out by several other users here, the naming convention is actually rather descriptive. Look at that picture from the ONI manual again, and notice that "M" stands for "Mast", "K" stands for "Kingpost", "S" is "Superstructure", or just "Structure", while "F" is funnel". It describes the ship from front to back, or bow-to-stern. Generally, the "longer" the name like that, the longer the ship is in meter length, and after a while, you don't even need to look in the rec manual. You'll just go "Oh, 9 letters, so it is about 190 meters in length!"... and if you do 90 attacks, even that isn't important. ??
Mr. WH4K,

i "fixed" this issue in a previous release of Dark Waters (for my install) however i cannot find my notes at the present time.
i believe i had to discover which set of letters (KMQZMK-OU812) went with which ship. i believe i used the \Sea\Shipname.CFG and Roster\names.cfg. but this is from memory and i only have an 8k memory module. i'll look a bit deeper for my notes if you're serious about changing the names.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote