View Single Post
Old 03-23-07, 02:02 PM   #40
Egan
Admiral

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Was it not A Morane that Garros was flying when the Germans got their hands on it?

Heck of a career I've got just going just now boys. Flying a DII over Flanders at the start of Bloody April - 5 confirmed kills in five flights so far. The best one was against a pair of Noops at 8000 feet. It was beautiful; heavy cloud and Archie barking merrily away. I hit the Frenchie with a quick blast and he started to smoke as he roared off. I turned after him, lined him up and before I got another shot off he just exploded right in front of me. I though it had to be Archie but I got the credit for it. It was cool, a delay of about twenty seconds before he torched.

I checked my stats afterwards. I hit him with 5 rounds! 5! Sometimes I've pumped every round I had into a crate only to watch it get away.

I had a terrifying fight right over the trenches as well in heavy rain against a bunch of Sopwith Tripes. I can well understand the high regard the German pilots held those RNAS squadrons in now. Wow, those things are difficult to get a bead on. They twist and turn like nothing else out there especially comapred to some of the other craft the Allies are flying at the time like the DH2. I ended up ditching in a field on my side of the lines...
Egan is offline   Reply With Quote