View Single Post
Old 07-09-20, 12:18 PM   #13312
boogieman335
Mate

Downloads: 208
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksnoopy View Post
Noob question -- everyone recommends the Wolves of Steel mod pack, and I've installed it and its working good. One question I haven't seen anyone ask (sorry if its already been asked) -- are there other good mods I should consider adding as well that aren't included in WoS? Thanks!
My Boogie's Refit Complete 3.0 mod is in the download section under graphics and is designed for use with the TWoS. The mod will show a conflict with the real navigation mod in TWoS because it changes 2 graphic files that make the pencil lines{Black and Red} that are drawn on your map bolder and easier to see for tired old eyes like mine but doesn't affect gameplay as far as I know. It will changes the overall graphics of the interior and exterior of the type 7B and Type 7C boats as well as change the crew uniforms. It will also change the lighting and cloud appearence slightly. It has an included preset for use with Reshade ENB for improved shadow and shader effects using directx9 API which is whatSH5 uses. Screenshots are here:https://imgur.com/gallery/viQB4no

I have been using it in the 2.2.19 version of TWoS My mod list:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[E:\SteamLibrary\Steam\SteamApps\common\Silent Hunter 5\TWoS_Parts]

TWoS UI cmd_Auto Target ID
TWoS Neutrals Illuminated Only_Until [Date]
TWoS Map Contact Colors
Paajtors_Renown_cheat (compatible with Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast)
one ship, one torpedo v1.00
Reboot's Water Drips 1.1
TWoS FX_Incr. Flooding via Zones
TWoS Harbors Chimney Smoke
U-Boat Internal Routine SFX
U-Boat Watch Crew Routine SFX
Boogie's Refit for TWOS v3.0 Complete

As you can see from my list I play a very casual game without the real navigation and such but I have tested the mod with those parts enabled and found no conflicts other than the above mentioned pencil lines. The texture files used in the mod have been upgraded to the DXT5 format which allows a higher resolution than the base game textures without loss of FPS. In several insatnces it repairs mis aligned normal maps left over from the base game in TWoS, esp normals for the wood textures inside the boat and bunker. And last but certainly not least it cleans up those shockingly dirty heads found in the boats. My mother would have gasped in horror to see me living that way.LOL

Last edited by boogieman335; 07-09-20 at 12:53 PM.
boogieman335 is offline   Reply With Quote