View Single Post
Old 06-03-20, 05:50 AM   #139
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
From Mr. Miller's statement reported in CNBC article.

United States Park Police acting Chief Gregory T. Monahan ...

https://thefederalist.com/2020/06/02...ainst-rioters/

I refer you back to a link in one of my previous posts:

US Park Police denies using tear gas on peaceful protesters. Evidence suggests otherwise. --

https://www.vox.com/2020/6/2/2127855...st-park-police

It wouldn't be a stretch of the mind to consider, like many Police Chiefs or other high ranking police officials who have found themselves probably facing investigation or civil legal action for some act(s) they or their force(s) may have committed, the US Park Police Chief and his ranking officials realize they have stepped into a steaming pile and are going to have to answer; we've seen it before, where some police misconduct or overstepping or outright brutality has come to light and the person(s) in charge go into their 'deny, deny, deny' tap dance and, more often than not, devolve into their 'let's make a deal' shuffle; I suspect, given all the visual evidence contradicting the claims made by the Park Police brass, there will be resignations, if not firings, and, in the process, not a few of those involved will 'fess up about the incident to save their own hides; also, given that this stems from a Trump-inspired root, the very high probability of lies and deceit exists on the part of those doing the denials. It will be interesting, when the lawsuits and Congressional probes start up, how those involved in Donny's Little Photo-Op will fare when confronted with the footage and testimonies...

BTW, the Vox article contains this paragraph:

Quote:
The Trump reelection campaign, though, is sticking with the Park Police, asking reporters — including me — to “retract and correct” published stories that say tear gas was used. (Vox is not retracting its reporting at this time.)
Seems like the media is pretty sure their reportage, unlike the Trump-backed claims, will stand a 'sniff-test"...

<O>