View Single Post
Old 05-07-21, 12:23 PM   #1029
qastokes
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Generally, DW is like the original OM in this regard. You upgraded from a IIB to a C model because the B was "retired". Likewise, if you are at a location where a D will be available at the time the C is retired, you might step into the D. If the D isn't available, then the next higher boat, such as a VIIC, or whatever might be available. If no boat is available, then you are retired. Exceptions are when the "modern" submarines get close to being available. OM and DW are both set-up with only the XVIII, XX! and XXIII being "true" upgrades. Most conning tower upgrades do not fully function either. Of course, SH4 never did institute those correctly for the German side...
Thanks, understood!

My other recurring problem is getting stuck in the various campaigns I've played on a mission; written in French, that sends me to spy on PERTHxFREEMANTLE all the way across the globe, in Australia.
I can send myself to wherever else and sink ships, but it does a terrible job of building immersion.

Can I dig through the game files some and fix this? I'm reasonably savvy, its def reoccurring as a problem.

EDIT: Another annoyance is time compression going to 1 every time there is an "Immersion Radio Message." You know, war declared with .... or from U-123 HELP, floundering off the coast...

Ideally I'd want these to drop time compression to 512 or 256 or 128, just as a gameplay signal but all the way to 1 becomes very frustrating and pointless. Too much clicking, and it makes the signal of "oh **** game is playing at 1, better react" Murky, which has already killed me, recompressing with destroyers in eyesight. Took shells and only then realized the situation and couldn't sneak away from 3 of them in shallow water.
Is there a fix to this I can add to main.cfg? Radio report doesn't seem to impact this, I think that only alters compression with Direct Orders, you know, the messages where the relative time when I read it actually matters... Its quite a predicament for me!

Last edited by qastokes; 05-07-21 at 12:34 PM.