View Single Post
Old 07-19-17, 11:20 AM   #49
Shadriss
A-ganger

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by banryu79 View Post
I bet the CW gameplay (I still haven't played it but I have both played RSR and DW) give you the feel of being the CO more than DW (where instead I sometimes have the feeling of being multiple peolpe or a single schizofrenic operator, lol).
I'm sure this is what they were shooting for, but I still think it could be done better, hence my statements. Everything I've talked about is available to the skipper - including a look at PBB, which CW doesn't provide, btw, and I haven't mentioned to this point because I understand those reasons far better than some of the others.

As the skipper, I should be able to look at the Plot, see what's around me, our best estimate of where they are going, how fast they are getting there, and how far from me they are... regardless of how 'good' we think the solution is. Solutions do not come in three-part packages - they are a whole. When I, as a RL Sonar Supervisor, pass out a solution to the Conn, I don't pass only Course and Speed if I don't have a feel for range. I pass my gut feel for a range based on a number of factors, and that's my solution.

In game terms, even if the solution percentage is crap, I should still be seeing my crew's best estimate for a contact's complete solution, not the piecemeal version we're getting in the current system. This would, additionally, address some of the 'too-perfect' feeling that currently exists. If you aren't sure that the solution as it's currently being plotted will not be jumping around as it's being worked on by the operators, you may be more reluctant to engage so soon, as an example. As it stands, if that contact is dropping dots on the plot, you know for certain-sure that's the truth, and can essentially fire at will.
IMF PACNORWEST
USS ALASKA (SSBN-732 GOLD)
USS ALABAMA (SSBN-731 GOLD)
NAVAL OCEAN PROCESSING FACILITY, WHIDBEY ISLAND
USS TENNESSEE (SSBN-734 GOLD)
Shadriss is offline   Reply With Quote