View Single Post
Old 05-30-19, 02:14 PM   #3
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300
Uploads: 0

To correct/more precisely define the instruction:
The negative tank should be filled to 0.05 cubic meters to be almost perfect neutral buoyancy and thus maintain depth when without forward movement. Half of the first mark on the left dial. But if you are moving and tilted, also consider the following.

B̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶n̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶s̶i̶d̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶l̶i̶f̶t̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶p̶u̶l̶l̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶u̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶e̶f̶f̶e̶c̶t̶i̶v̶e̶.̶ F̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶v̶e̶/̶r̶i̶s̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶n̶e̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶p̶p̶o̶s̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶r̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶.̶ C̶o̶n̶s̶i̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶r̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶c̶e̶ ̶e̶a̶c̶h̶ ̶d̶i̶v̶e̶p̶l̶a̶n̶e̶ ̶ ̶c̶r̶e̶a̶t̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶u̶r̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶u̶l̶l̶.̶ ̶I̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶i̶s̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶e̶e̶p̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶g̶l̶e̶,̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶w̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶n̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶i̶n̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶(̶u̶p̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶c̶e̶)̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶n̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶i̶n̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶(̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶c̶e̶)̶.̶ ̶I̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶w̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶n̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶i̶n̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶u̶p̶(̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶c̶e̶)̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶(̶u̶p̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶c̶e̶)̶.̶ ̶W̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶u̶l̶l̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶d̶r̶i̶v̶e̶s̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶d̶o̶m̶i̶n̶a̶n̶t̶l̶y̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶n̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶u̶r̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶u̶l̶l̶.̶ [EDIT: Apparently the game does not work like it should or like I thought. See replies below] The angle is shown by the blue water collumn; note the scale is upside down. Because with extreme angles of the hull you can partially break the surface, (when near it) you would not want to use these all-out diveplane angles. So like derstosstrup explained you keep the aft plane centered when diving. If you follow real life procedure (there should be a link to translated contemporary RL German Uboat diving procedures in the stickies somewhere) you would have the negative tank filled at that point to aid you in a quick dive time. And once submerged empty it again while shallow, as it takes more precious pressured air to do so when deeper.

Last edited by Pisces; 05-31-19 at 09:29 AM.
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote