View Single Post
Old 07-06-21, 06:06 PM   #1
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0
Default lets keep our fingers crossed

Just heard of Microsoft's new OS, Windows 11. Did a little digging to see if older games like SHIII will still work. There's not much detailed info on the new OS yet, except some screen shots and some vague release dates. Possibility the end of 2021 but definitely 2022. These NEW releases make me a little concerned. Especially on, one of Microsoft web site's FAQ. "Will older games still play on Win11 ? (answer) Well yes and no". What kind of answer is that ! But anyway here's kind'a what I've got out'a my dig'n so far.

Win11 upgrade will not mandatory, yet. Win10 will be supported through 2025, so we'll have plenty of time to figure things out. I'm sure we'll still be able to use Win10 beyond that date for our SHIII machines, even if the support ends. I still use WIN7 on one of my computers and SHIII runs great.

The Compatibility Mode feature will still be included, so that looks promising too.

But anyway, in my opinion, I think we'll be OK. All my installs work perfectly. Major and radical OS changes worry me a bit ..... just my 2cents and a HEADS UP to the SHIII community. Jerry (Baltimore Md) or Doolar (CA45)