Thread: The Hunter
View Single Post
Old 05-10-19, 04:52 PM   #360
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I have fully re-engaged with the game. The rendering distance is increased to 330m now 220m before), ground animals density has been significantly toned down it seems, to open slots for the bigger number of flying species I suppose. I think that rifle physics also changed a bit, I tested them more systematically this morning with a private shooting range over almost 300m, and found the bullet drops of the 3, 4 rifles I know well behaving differently, the heavier bullets fly more in a straight line now, the bullet drop of the for exmaple the Anschütz 9.3 is not as severe anymore as it once was. The compensation for my membership fee until January 2020 worked flawlessly and I got pretty much exactly the virtual money I calculated myself, if not a little bit more. The new ammo system works very well and changes he way I play, I no longer commit massacres amongst female deer not scoring CCS points and thus no virtual money, but care for the virtual money aspect, although it is so forgiving that only somebody missing ten shots in a row will get into troubles so that he must spent real money on rearming. The viusuals are better at the horizon, too, they altered the bitmaps for distant backgrounds.

I am seriously wondering what had kept me away from playing it much more over the past 3 years or so. Its still so great.

There is uncertainty about EW's future plans, the company does not communicate well anymore, many Kassandras predict the game will be killed as early as next year, but that is rumours only so far. True is however that staff has been dramatically reduced and active development on new reserves and species does not happen anymore. I think they have moved it all to steam now to get it off heir hands without needing to shut it down completely.

Past investements only paid past bills and do nothing for future bills, they must nevertheless pay for an emergency tech crew, servers, and Steam, so a little bit income must be generated. Their recipe seems to work well this week, many new players have arrived, numbers went up steeply, many old players returned. Despite spending my compensated em$, I went in with another 10 Euros to buy new scopes. I think if somebody plays now for free and does so for long time and enjoys it, once or twice a year donating a minor money for some new item for 2-3 Euros, or a weapon for 4-5 Euros, is not asked too much for. And it helps to raise chances that the game is kept open. It deserves it. I again cannot believe how much beauty it lays out before my eyes. Some income they still must generate, else the game wil, die sooner or later.

Also note that the ethical hunting lists for what animals can be killed with what weapons, have been altered as well. They make more sense now.

Its so nice to be able still to access the familiar reserves and places.

Hostred two MP sessions over this day. First, I got three gueasts, all old players having not played since years and seeing it for the first time again since that time, and they were puzzled about the changes, very positive feedback, nice chat we had. Next I had another session this time, before some experienced players came in, I had only three compelte newcomers, young kids but behyving well, who saw it for the first time ever and were stunend by whjat was offered to them. Threy did not know that the game was there and what it is and what it does, and I led them into the basics a bit and they were completely stunned withg amazement. Both sessions were pleasant experien ces for me.

Hunting the lynmx, is difficult, I found, I am chasing ghosts, anmd I oike the difficulty in it. I oike it very much. I played cat and osue with one for almost one hour, while it knew I was there but right outside his alarm radius, I tried all the time to not enter the alrm radius but being close enough to shoot at it - if only I could see it. Superb experience.

Last edited by Skybird; 05-10-19 at 05:03 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote