View Single Post
Old 06-26-20, 10:14 PM   #300
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Did I get this right - you moved and bought a new house only in order to get rid of your old telephone wire? Thats dedication - no half solutions, but clear cuts.
I had to move anyway, my previous house was too small. I wanted a VR room and a bigger library.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
We tried for a year to get Xfinity to come out and make a line out here in the Suburban countryside. We had a Verizon Jetpack that had 15gb of unlimited data and guess how fast that went out when I was playing my games? less than a day And the more gigs you used, the slower the speed got. Literally, in two weeks, we would have 35 kb/s download speed AT MAX. We would get more 15gb data after a month had passed.

Then, Xfinity came out with fiber internet out here in May, after using Verizon for about a year and I could download SH5 in two minutes, with the max speed capping off at around 500 Mb/s. The Xfinity speed test says that we get nearly 1gb max speed, which is insane.

I understand how grueling it must've been for you to have the slowest internet ever. Life felt so slow back in those days, especially when I had to do online learning for school.

Good hunting! Give those tommies hell!
Yeah, 15GB a month is barely enough for basic web surfing and video.

Ahh, I remember back in 1999 or so, when I lived in Houston and Time Warner showed up with Road Runner cable, that was amazing! I enjoyed that for 15 years the gave it up to live out of a truck for 3 years, using my phone as a hot spot. Brutal.

Well, here's hoping Starlink will help all the folks living out of town soon...
Onkel Neal is online   Reply With Quote