Thread: [REL] Squid launcher
View Single Post
Old 09-28-16, 01:36 PM   #94
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Hi Jeff,
I think LGN1 already answered that, during his tests, all the dc throwers fired their charges exactly at the same moment, no matter if they were placed in different positions within the ship model. This seem to entail that the K-gun controller is triggered based on ship's and U-boat relative positios, disregarding any other factor.
Nonetheless, I agree with you that at any rate a set of tests with some extreme figures could be instructve. If I got you corretly we should move thrower's linking nodes on a ship model forward by some hundred meters, and move the 3D meshes of the thrower back by the same quantity. This way thrower's physical position relative to the ship wouldn't change, but we would trick the AI into thinking that the weapon is much forward than it actually is. Is that correct?
I dont know if LGN1 has time for one last test. If not, I can try myself. I have no SHIII installed on my machine, but I can try on SH5. The controllers are the same, and I dont think their handling differs too much in the two games...
gap is offline   Reply With Quote