View Single Post
Old 11-06-12, 01:10 PM   #4243
Hene
Watch

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

There I was, after seeing nothing for many weeks I now had come face to face with the full might of the enemy's naval power. Two of the finest vessels of all Britain, this was the chance of a lifetime. I immediately ordered flank ahead towards the enemy, hoping to catch them by surprise. As torpedoes would have been useless against these kinds of targets, I decided to attack with my deck gun, an act of bravery very few are capable of. With winds that could break a battleship in half we had both man and nature against us, but we were not going to give up.
Closing fast towards our targets, I decided to wait until the last moment to open fire, to not to reveal us to soon. Finally, FIRE! A fierce battle began. The enemy immediately started giving us heavy resistance, not helped by the enormous waves. My crew, fighting both the overwhelming power of the enemy and the highest winds ever seen by man, were after what seemed like hours able to give a final blow to the first of the two ships. Closing towards the second one she was still giving everything she had at me. Despite being almost thrown out of the boat every ten seconds by the swells, the crew finally gave the last strike, blowing the enemy ship right in half. We had won.
An act of courage which gave me the promotion to the rank of korvettenkapitän.

Heinrich von Bot
Captain of IX type U-something

Patrol nro. cannot remember

Ships sunk:
Steam trawler
Steam trawler
For the total of 660 tons
Hene is offline   Reply With Quote