Old 04-28-20, 09:28 PM   #32
partycat
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by M134 View Post
You're welcome)

1.It is already working on both sides since you can manually steer your torpedo into enemy sub, ignoring decoys and noisemakers. It is only fair that AI can do the same. Of course you must constantly override your torpedo desire to dance around noisemaker)

2.Tactics I've posted above is for the case when you're already detected, so there is no point in hiding anyway. If you're not detected you can just send MOSS somewhere away from you and enemy will probably steer their torpedoes after it.
If you're detected and attacked you do not want wire-guided torpedoes near you. It is not very hard to evade wireless torpedos by shooting a pair of MOSS (so torpedoes will travel from one to another), but you can't fool wired that way - that's why you want enemy to accelerate and break wires.

3. Again: Your torpedo may try to chase decoy, but you can override it. AI does the same.

4. In the "signature" tab under "SNS COMP" you can see how enemy "hear" you by active(when enemy is using active), passive and towed sensor. Once any of that numbers reaches 10 - enemy knows everything about you (like when you have 95% solution on target).
Be aware though... this readings are dependant on target solution, since they are something like "If enemy is where we think it is, than it will hear us that good"

What help do you need with .dll? I'm not a coder, but I can do something... I've made "Precise Depth Channge" into Epic Mod recently (Guys here, thanks for idea!) and might help with your attempts. But here it is a bit complicated. Find me in Discord if you need help with .dll modding: Dot#7424
I agree with all except 1. (kinda). What makes me think it's not exactly both sides is,
When I manually steer my active homing torpedo while it's already homing, it stops beeping eventhough it's still locked at the target (sensor lines on minimap are still red). However while hostile torpedo coming at me at active homing, it keeps beeping while manuevering towards me.

Also same thing goes when hostile sub deploys noisemaker for example, my torpedo stops beeping and manuevering around the noisemaker. I can still of course steer it towards hostile sub but it doesn't beep until it's clear from the noisemaker. When I deploy the noisemaker however, hostile torpedo still keep beeping.

I also removed the mod and gave the hostile vessel impossible to breakable wire. When I deploy my noisemaker, it made the hostile torpedo to stop homing at me and go around the noisemaker, when I launched MOSS, it made the torpedo to acquire the MOSS instead.

So I'm very sure this mode changing the behaviour and ability of hostile torpedo while it's connected with wire. It's not like hostile sub manually steering it, it definetly autonomously homing at me.

Though as a workaround of this (temporary solution), I installed a Railgun to my sub that internally mounted to sub's spine :P It has the SS-N-7 torpedo that swims at 2600 knots with 13 degrees sensor angle and turn/pitch rate. When a hostile sub becomes too nasty, I'm just pointing my sub's nose towards it and send her a hyper velocity dense shell. Leaves nothing but a rubble in a few seconds from the nasty sub
https://expanse.fandom.com/wiki/Amun-Ra-class

As for the dll, this mod changes the depth setting buttons from 50 feet to 10 feet and increase tube jamming on torpedo launch speed. It's of course good for setting a precise depth however it's being very hard when I want to change like 1000 feet depth. So I wanted to remove that option with dnspy and saved the module but game crashed at startup. As for tube jamming, I like to go really fast with my submarine (I know it ain't realistic but just for fun) and still being able to launch torpedoes with worrying about jamming my tubes

Last edited by partycat; 04-29-20 at 12:00 PM.
partycat is offline   Reply With Quote