View Single Post
Old 03-26-10, 07:03 AM   #62
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck_O View Post
Can anyone inform me, is it possible to ruin you SHIII installation by installing mods via JSGME, if say you try enabling mods in an improper sequence?
If you use JSGME to enable a mod, even if you screw up the mod folder structure, then disabling the mod will return things nicely to how they were.

Quote:
I was under the impression that if you tried a certain sequence of mods & they didn't work, then you simply undo it, & try to get it right, no harm done to your stock SHIII installation.
Correct.

Quote:
The reason I ask is that I have been swapping in & out diffrent GUI's in order to find one that best suits my personal taste. Some have a compatibility issue w/ my favorite mods. And I'm scared to try mixing if it will ruin my stock SHIII install.

for instance ACM OLC Gui reloaded does not have a fix for DD OH v3.09.( I dont use FM new interior, cause my puter won't run it). If I try using FM fix for ACM reloded as a fill in, might I risk corrupting my game if it doesn't work?
There's also the cloth map, the anvart mods etc.... should I try , or hold off if there is a compatibility warning?
Mod compatibility is not something that is within JSGME's scope. You need to raise mod compatibility issues directly with each individual mod maker; most effectively in their release thread.