View Single Post
Old 08-29-21, 12:58 PM   #15
Able72
Captain

Downloads: 299
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compans57 View Post
I'm using real navigation and trying to get a handle on the RAOBF disc, but my findings are consistently about 1500m to 2000m off. I've followed video and pictorial tutorials so I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

For example, I had a Nelson class battleship at 2 optics mast height. Actual mast height is 55m. This reads off as (IIRC) 8500m but (I'm testing results with map icons) when I use the map ruler the actual range is around 7000m.

Are there different optic graphics? I realize that optic height can be out due to waterline but not this much.

Anyone have any solutions?

I'm having the same issue, but worse. Even paused and counting tick marks comparing it to the map distance, I'm coming up sometimes more than 1100m off of range. This makes AOB using the RAOBF way off. I remember using the original RAOBF with SH3 and it was a fantastically accurate tool. Perhaps, just my thoughts, we need to have someone take the time to rescale the reticle markers and replace the default ones in TWOS. Perhaps over time the scale has gotten off and a correction is needed.