View Single Post
Old 06-15-20, 07:11 PM   #9
Ca[t White
Helmsman

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
It's all in the "details"... especially the dates.

For the MapZone, right-click on the ME map where you want the center of the MapZone to be, then choose "Create MapZone'. That is the only way to create one. After it's created, then you can choose it on the Explorer panel and edit it...

As for the Gato showing in the mission, both it and the Tambor can be strange about that, if you compare the date in the ME, with the date in the UPC file. The UPC is king though, so in this case, you need to be after April 1, 1942 ~and~ you have to allow time for travel to where your single mission is, so you might have to go with May 1, 1942 to be on the safe side:

Plus, you should use the "Mission / Language Localization" menu to add a Title and Briefing, maybe even change your '_ObjectiveName' to something more in-line with your Mission Briefing wording - but not too wordy. The Objective Name should be short and sweet, such as "Photograph Task Force report to be enroute" - and remove the "Delete on last waypoint" in the Properties page, else you all of a sudden disappear, especially if you only have one waypoint...
Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
How did you build your Group? Is it "scripted", where it shows up the same time no matter what? Does your submarine enter the scenario at the same time? Other than that, you need - without fail - a MapZone within which to take your pictures. It also works best if you match your PhotoValue to one-tenth of a particular ship inside of the group, such as in my set-up, I have chosen the Shokaku as the "target", just by using its RenownAwarded value as the basis for the "60 points" in the PhotoValue, and set the Threshold to "1", which I think can be zero also, and it should still work... If not, give a shout and I'll noodle some more. In s7rikeback's SH Mods Collection / Documents folder are a couple of mission editor tutorials, as well as an old v15 of the SH3 ME User's Manual, which is a very good resource. I have v17 of that somewhere on my hard drive I should have him upload... Let us know how you get along!

Ope - and KaleunMarco beat me to the punch again! It's probably the MapZone...

How do you set the target ship?
Ca[t White is offline   Reply With Quote