View Single Post
Old 03-05-18, 01:28 PM   #2862
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

5th March 1918

Eastern Front

Romania accepts enemy terms and signs at Buftea preliminary treaty of peace.

Germans land on Aaland Islands at request of Finnish Government.

Political, etc.

Sir E. Geddes reviews shipping situation in House of Commons.

The Soviet Russian government moves its capital from Petrograd to the more defensible city of Moscow.

Ship Losses:

Coalgas (United Kingdom) The cargo ship struck a mine laid by UC 4 (Ernst Berlin) and sank in the North Sea 5 nautical miles (9.3 km) south by west of the Shipwash Lightship ( United Kingdom). Her crew survived.
Edouard Marie (Belgium) The fishing vessel was sunk in the Atlantic Ocean 5 nautical miles (9.3 km) south of the Wolf Rock, Cornwall, United Kingdom (49°52′N 5°52′W) by SM UC-75 ( Kaiserliche Marine).
Estrella (United Kingdom) The cargo ship struck a mine laid by UC 4 (Ernst Berlin) and sank in the North Sea 5 nautical miles (9.3 km) south by west of the Shipwash Lightship ( United Kingdom) with the loss of twenty of her crew.
Quarnero (Italy) The cargo ship was sunk in the Atlantic Ocean 5 nautical miles (9.3 km) north of Portreath, Cornwall, United Kingdom (50°21′N 5°19′W) by SM U-60 ( Kaiserliche Marine).
Roxburgh (United Kingdom) The cargo ship was torpedoed and sunk in the Mediterranean Sea 15 nautical miles (28 km) east by north of Cape St. John, Crete, Greece by SM UC-74 ( Kaiserliche Marine) with the loss of six of her crew.
Tusnastabb (Norway) The cargo ship struck a mine laid by UC 4 (Ernst Berlin) and sank in the North Sea south west of the Shipwash Lightship ( United Kingdom) (51°57′N 1°43′E). Her crew survived.
Uskmoor (United Kingdom) The cargo ship was torpedoed and sunk in the English Channel 3 nautical miles (5.6 km) south west of Prawle Point, Devon by SM UB-80 ( Kaiserliche Marine). Her crew survived.
HMT William Tennant (Royal Navy) The naval trawler collided with a British trawler and sank.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote