View Single Post
Old 09-08-19, 03:11 PM   #4
NeonsStyle
Chief

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanBoy2006.01 View Post

3. Also if I go to 50ft and face surface ships head on, will this create problems for surface ships active sonar detection range?

4. Is it a "cheat" to use torpedoes in passive mode only? With that I mean would this be very ineffective in real life compared to in game? The reason that I ask is because I never set torpedoes to active mode.
3. Reducing your aspect to enemy active sonar will make you harder to detect. So head on is a wise thing to do, unless you have some distance, and plan to attack and get off the bearing you shot from. ie perpendicular.

4. No, it's not. It's the best way to use them. From what I understand, most modern torpedoes are used in passive. Making them active would only make sense once the enemy is alerted to their presence. Otherwise you give away the main advantage of a submarine. Stealth.

As for it not being forgiving. Just remember, use the full depth and your tools to avoid getting hit. You can watch some of my videos to learn something, or you can look up Jive Turkey on YouTube, he has a few tutorials to help you out.

Cheers

Neon

Hit me up in the Comments or Discussion on my channel or message me on:

NeonsStyle is offline   Reply With Quote