View Single Post
Old 05-18-20, 02:16 PM   #3
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col7777 View Post
I have seen this mentioned before somewhere in a thread.

I recently have been playing as a ship for a change, good fun so far.
Anyway in a patrol I was close to an enemy harbour, on closer inspection on the map there were a few ships there so I went closer.
My ship was firing long range and hitting the ships and destroying them one by one. Also I went on the external camera to watch the action in the harbour, a lot of my shells were hitting buildings, but as you know nothing happens, I was thinking what a shame it would have been a real spectacle seeing those go up in flames as well.

Also I was being shelled by some land units, again hitting those does nothing, luckily none got me, after I sank the harbour ships I turned and left quick, but what a shame these other objects can't be made to be destroyed.

I'm remember back in SH2 years ago this was brought up, I purposely shelled some buildings and got them to smoke but it took a lot of shelling.

Col.
theoretically, one could probably display damage to buildings, etc. one would have to build damage folder/files like there are for ships and aircraft. to date, no one has done that.
sounds like you can be a trendsetter if you can figure it out and build it.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote