View Single Post
Old 10-28-13, 07:35 AM   #11
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by plj View Post
I havent used the snapshot feature from JSGME yet. It's documentation talks about what it's usefull for a little .. it might be of use too, but atm I wont rely on it.

I was talking about snapshots of my install dir and using midnight commander and similar tools to file compare what should be identical situations:

compare stock install with mods placed in mod-dir, but not enabled VS install wheren mods have been enabled and disabled again.

compare modded game to game where mods have been disabled and enabled again.

compare different .mep orders, to eachother, see which files differ in the end result if the same mods have been used otherwise.

and the one I look forward to most: manually mod a game with the 70+ mods from sober's list .. and compare that to a JSGME modded one and other above results.

It looks like JSGME can do this too .. but atm, I dont trust JSGME untill I verified that what is does is what it is supposed to do
You're right, JSGME shouldn't be trusted all the time.

But, it is a great help to activate/deactivate mods. Even so, JSGME can mess things up and in that case Webster's instruction http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...28&postcount=1 is the one for those who think a corrupted JSGME install is the culprit.

BTW - as I haven't seen this before - could you please explain the differnce between 'manually mod a game/JSGME modded'?

If you mean to apply mods by dropping them into the C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5 folder I can just say - that's a risky way to go.

When/if disabling mods in that folder this has proven to leave leftovers that mess the whole game up.
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote