View Single Post
Old 07-15-20, 06:45 PM   #1731
Wolfcat
Chief

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Some feedback and comments on v1.49+unofficial patch:
Overall 1.49 is great, much better than previous versions. I like it so far.

1. Some ships don't use CIWS well. I tested Arleigh Burke DDGH (the latest flight) and Chinese Type 52D and C. The problem is very obvious when you put aircraft near them. They never engage aircraft with CIWS regardless how close they are. I haven't tested all ships but I have a gut feeling that no ships will engage air target with CIWS

2. Aircraft launched from aircraft carrier often times will ditch into the sea immediately after taking off.

3. Destroyers and cruisers don't like to use their helos to engage subs. They usually use ASROC and launch a barrage of mk54's.

4. Ship launched SAMs and ASMs will do erratic dance then ditch into the sea. This problem is much better than 1.48 and the unofficial patch made it a lot better but still some missiles would just drop to sea. Maybe a problem that cannot be completely corrected.

5. Carrier launched fighters would go after enemy ships. They will fly over the enemy ships and strafe them with cannons. I believe unofficial patch made it worse. Maybe need a doctrine change to AAW armed fighters. Make them ignore surface or ground targets.

6. Some of the aircraft in the database have wrong max speed numbers. I believe the database is based on knots, not mph. But some aircraft's top speeds are using mph, that would artificially make some aircraft fly faster than their real life counterpart.
Wolfcat is offline   Reply With Quote