View Single Post
Old 01-08-13, 02:46 AM   #71
magic452
Sea Lord

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

A little update here.

Got a new DCC system as my Christmas present to me. Digatrax Zephyr with one remote throttle. Works pretty good. The Zephyr will be perfect for switch yard operations.

I couldn't get the Athern SP Black widow to run right, keep cutting out. Spent hours checking my track only to find out I wasn't getting power to the front truck on the loco. Got that fixed, loose wire. Brand new, very expensive and it didn't work.

Replacing all the trucks on my older rolling stock with new metal wheels, roll much better.

Got a bunch of stuff on order so I can get back to laying track but right now you can't buy anything, it's all on back order even rail joiners are hard to get.

Found some good videos on installing DCC in the older Athern blue box locos. So I'll be trying that next, looking at Soundtraxx 750 Tsunami sound decoders but at $135.00 each I will be a while getting them. Still cheaper than new locos though. I do like the Southern Pacific gray. Got them all cleaned up and running good. They are 30 years old but much better built than the new ones.

August that logging crane looks great. I'm trying to fit some sort of logging thing into the layout but don't know where yet. Had one planed but that plan used 3% grades and they just didn't work so I went with 2% and everything changed.

Magic

Reported lost 11 Feb. 1942
Signature by depthtok33l
magic452 is offline   Reply With Quote