View Single Post
Old 07-24-20, 08:54 AM   #12
bigbear
Watch

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I try not to use the word 'buggy' because their are often underlying reasons why peoples installations fail to work as intended (usually additional minor mods).

I think you'll find GWX relatively trouble free and I'm currently running it with almost twenty small mods added in.
Thanks for your suggestion about GWX, Jimbuna. I kind of dread spending the hours trying to apply GWX to SH3 and encountering the same problems as those encountered with SH5 and TWoS, so I hope the TWoS can be fixed soon. But again, I still have no idea whether SH3 or SH5 is better.

I posted the problems about the SH5 expansion mod on the download thread for it. I don't know if it is still being supported so I am curious to see if the person/people behind it respond. SH5 with TWoS looked like what I wanted. I am not optimistic about any help getting it working which is a real pity.

As for whether the TWoS is "buggy" or not, I should point out that the problems I encounter are based on the TWoS mod applied BEFORE any of the mods are applied in the JSGME. So whether it is a bug in TWoS or some internal incompatibility with the Uplay SH3 version, the result is that it makes the TWoS mod unusable.
bigbear is offline   Reply With Quote