Thread: Save Scumming
View Single Post
Old 08-23-19, 03:26 PM   #1
jahwillprovide
Seaman

Downloads: 55
Uploads: 0
Default Save Scumming

Couldn't find much information in any of the threads I was looking at so I decided to start one hoping to get some help.
Came back to this game from about a 5-6 year hiatus and I ran into a few issues. I managed to sink 4/6 passenger carriers en route to Manilla maybe 600 nm north of the Luzon Strait and was really excited to see this career play out but unfortunately when I had gotten about 200nm away from the crime scene I had some sort of game breaking bug. I surfaced to save my game (not sure why I felt the need to surface first) and immediately with no contacts around my main pump and a few bulkheads broke along with the dive plane and Im going to plummet to the bottom and perish. How can I save scum this to save my career? Im in ~/My Documents/SH4 and found the save files. Some of them are just logs of what was reported/sunk etc. and there is one in a non human readable format. Do I need a special program to edit my save and possibly fix the dive plane and main pump so I can limp to base and repair?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks
jahwillprovide is offline   Reply With Quote