View Single Post
Old 07-28-17, 11:11 AM   #408
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
The same picture, with two island layouts overlayed on top of it: the drawing that my previos proposals were based on (in white), and a new layout I have just drawn by strictly taking into account only the coastline (in yellow):

As above, but in SHIII (equirectangular) proportions. Note that after the resizing, the coordinate grid is square:

Quote:
Which one looks better?
This one (something between your two versions) :

Quote:
You said you based the proportions of your island drawing drawing on the following picture below that you have (not enough) expanded horizontally, don't you?

Well, for the island to be in scale with the coordinate system used in game, the grid on the map you use as template should be square, not rectangular. If you follow the correct method (I invite you to give it a try!), the result wont be too dissimilar from what I already got.
OK.

Quote:
Changing of topic... when you finish drawing that island in a proper way, what do you think about tweaking a bit the light flash effect, so that it resambles more the light of a carbide lamp?

Imo, the outer border of the light should be red-violet towards its outer border, not blue as it is now. What do you think?
Nice effect. But my halo is white, not blue. I guess this is the blue sky that you see, because the halo is a bit transparent.