View Single Post
Old 11-05-20, 12:01 AM   #718
Captain Prise
Seaman

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
I don't ever use time compression greater than 1024 and that's just to get close to my patrol area. Once there, I hardly ever exceed time compression of 32 or 64 and when I locate something I keep it at 8 or below when closing.

Not sure about Dark Waters, but depending on the mod, for instance with TMO, I'll run about 2/3 or Standard speeds at 64 or 32 time compression and once an hour, usually at the top of the hour, I'll drop the time compression down to 1 and submerge down below 40 feet maybe even to periscope and check the sonar ring... Kinda like a radar in a sense. Below 40 feet depth, you'll pick things up (10 to 15 miles away that you won't pick up on the surface so you can head towards them (lots of times before even a sonar track appears on the map). You don't have to submerge with the FotRSU mod... the sonar works on the surface. Not sure if this is realistic or not since surface noise probably seriously inhibited sonar capabilities on the surface in WW2. I use this technique quite a bit on the first patrol or two and even use it later in lieu of too much radar usage since the enemy can home in on your radar in latter years of the war.

Hope this helps.

Regards and Good Hunting!
Thanks this would help me big time. I'm going to have to adjust my play style
Captain Prise is offline   Reply With Quote