View Single Post
Old 08-29-15, 03:23 PM   #230
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Well, for your listening and dancing enjoyment, here's Leo LaPorte, a guy I've followed for fifteen years, middle of the road, noncontroversial guy saying what I'm saying maybe in a form that's better understood. He has a great story about Holland before WWII, very precise people, keeping records on everybody, who trusted their information wouldn't be dangerous in Holland's hands.

Nazi Germany came in, inherited the information and it was very, very easy for them to round up all the Jews because of this harmless information that had been collected for innocent reasons. Information doesn't always stay in the hands of those you trust and it can kill you.

So . He agrees with me that in buying Windows 10 you give Microsoft the right to access your hard drive and take whatever it wants and also thinks this is troubling. He blames it on government. He misses the point that if Microsoft controls your computer and your computer can read your encrypted hard drive then Microsoft can read our encrypted hard drive. They have stripped all right of privacy from us if we install Windows 10.

Sorry. I believe that privacy is a right and that guarding your privacy can be very important in unforeseen ways. And that's the real danger. You can't foresee what information will be important, you can't foresee who will use it and you can't defend yourself because you gave Microsoft permission to examine, record and distribute every byte of your hard drive without notice, without consent, and to whoever, whenever they choose. That's going too far. Many are in jail for less.

They can even record any sounds within the range of your microphone, whether or not you are presently using your microphone. Same with your webcam. The agreement attached to Cortana says that in the clear. No legalese. Just naked admission of intent to do wrong. And we're not supposed to have a problem with that. Remember when the high schooler went to jail for using a girl's webcam and posting naked pics of her on t he Internet? When you buy Windows 10 you give them the right to do that without recourse. What put the high school boy in jail would be a consentual act because you installed Windows 10. You want your daughter to be famous? This might work and you might not like it.

Edit: A biggie I forgot. Windows 10 automatically gives anyone on your e-mail contact list, all your Facebook buddies, and a host of other people automatic right to log onto YOUR wi-fi! So a criminal can befriend you on Facebook or Google +, let it marinate for a year, then use your network for illegal activities for which you will be held responsible. Why? Because you have him the right to use your network and you are presumed to have done so in an informed manner. It's like lending your car to a drug smuggler. If he's stopped your car is seized and becomes the property of the entity who busted the smuggler. Your wi-fi is like that and with Windows 10 you give up the right to control the use of your own property.
Well then I guess Hillary Clinton should not migrate to Windows 10. But her hard drive has been subpoenaed and her daughters hard drive mysteriously was reformatted during her postpartum.

I can assure you Windows 10 is not giving out POTUS email addresses and has little interest in his FB buddies.

Further, the US government uses Windows almost exclusively. Do you mean to tell me when the government migrates to 10 all that goes on with each and every program the government uses is now at MS disposal?

Yes, I'm aware of the webcam ordeal. Some lower level hackers getting access. Put a piece of tape over the camera lense. But again, this happened before 10 was introduced.

This is nowhere remotely close to giving my vehicle to a drug smuggler.

And to what end with all the cloak and dagger of Windows 10? What grand conspiracy? What master plan are we talking here? Of what use does Bill Gates or anyone at MS have with my info?