Thread: Star Citizen
View Single Post
Old 08-17-13, 04:12 PM   #45
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

So from December 2014 to 2015? That is your reason to declare this dead on arrival 1 year into development? A change to an expected release date (over a year in the future) of a few months, and possible changes to preliminary ship stats?

I'm still baffled and confused by what this is based on, so I maintain my "Er... what?".

Quote:
...and then a beta of the persistent universe by the end of the year (2014), which essentially is bringing all of these things into one holistic piece, and then we'll go live after the beta which I would anticipate would probably be sometime in early 2015. But essentially from the end of 2014 you should be able to play the full game, it'll just be beta because there obviously still will be things to tweak and balance, and we'll try and keep the player base constrained until after we've gone through beta, because, you know, it's not really a beta if you've got a million players.
http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/An...lease_schedule

That was stated back in May. I don't know when the other wiki was composed, but it may as well have been misinterpreted.

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote