View Single Post
Old 09-02-07, 09:02 AM   #43
CB..
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
dynamic radio messages...tutorial 2

the dynamic radio messages code works as far as i can reasonably tell ..perfectly

AddRandomShips "Airplane#-1.918,57.042,450000",460
AddRandomShips "Airplane#0.919,53.295,100000",260

ApplyStateEngine $0,"TradeRouteFour#Borneo,1#-1.698,56.719#1.593,53.601#6.840,54.450#-1.698,56.719#10"

ApplyStateEngine $0,"TradeRouteFour#Berberis,2#2.380,51.776#4.047,5 5.892#-2.069,58.676#5.218,54.278#10"

AddPositionTracker $1,$270,"Von Admiralität.\\To .\U-Boote.\Hostile contact.\\Position: %s\Course: %d\\Instructions,\if possible.\Attack.\if current orders\allow!"

AddPositionTracker $2,$470,"Von Admiralität.\\To .\U-Boote.\Enemy contact.\\Position: %s\Course: %d\\Instructions,\Confirm this contact.\ And Attack.\at all costs\Kaptain!"

again you'll have to download the test mission to see the code properly as the forum doesn't format it correctly..

but BDU ( or the ww1 equivilent) will send you contact reports on (in this case ) two shipping routes.....

the message
contains information such as

Position: %s

the %s is wrritten on the fly by the game giving the lat long at that moment int time for the ships.

so there you go...

i've tested the mission and it all works well....again as far as i can tell....i got nailed by the aircraft before i could get a visual on the ships reported to check that they were following the reported routes etc..

there IS an issue with the aircraft here tho

if you dive to avoid them ..they follow you....even tho they can't see you..they stay overhead more or less pernamently ..so you have to "duke" it out with them on the surface...not the end of the world but...theyre maybe be a way to edit this so they fly away once they have lost visual..

anyway i did manage to tackle two at once and survived so it isn't as hard as i thought...turning hard screws up their torp run and they try to make another pass...this often has them flying right overhead (so low and so slow you can almost touch them as they pass...that looks great!)

anyhuw here's test mission number 2 (it is a brand new mission that doesn't overwrite any stock one select it from the single mission menu..there's no graphic image for the choose mission screen window bu just select YES or OK and your there)
let me know here if you find the ships mentioned in the contact reports as this is important...don't want the message to be just "filler" want them to genuinely and dynamicaly accurate information...which i'm fairly sure they are...

there is another slice of interest here also...the contact reports do not automaticaly appear on the map...so you DO need to read them and CAREFULLY plot the contact report your self ..dropping a marker on the map at the co-ordinates described in the radio messages...which is great stuff...
in subsims you spend hours doing more or less nothing (in effect)..so reading the radio messages and doing a little map plotting by hand is to me anyhuw...something that makes the game far more emmersive...with me FINDING the ships by hand in this fashion is every bit as satisfying as some one else satisfaction in using the manual tdc in other sims..

anyhuw (again lol)

here's the link to the tutorial patrol

http://www.ebort2.co.uk/SOF/TUT2.zip

http://www.ebort2.co.uk/

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B.Yeats
CB.. is offline   Reply With Quote